Security doors – πόρτες ασφαλείας – are now available in almost every home, and rightly so! Their existence automatically offers a sense of security.
There are many doors on the market that theoretically meet your needs, but which is the door that best suits your home?
How is a security door – πόρτες ασφαλείας – different from a normal single door?
The security door compared to a simple door has many differences and clearly more advantages.
Initially, and perhaps the most important difference is that it locks around the perimeter and not in a single spot making it more difficult to break. It has many attachment points on the wall and on the frame.
The thickness of a security door is much larger than that of a normal one and it is more compact. Thus it can practically be considered that a locked security door – πόρτες ασφαλείας – is part of the wall.
What do you need to know before buying a security door?
Before choosing the security door you want to buy you must first look at the certifications it carries. It is very important to point out that security doors are not necessarily security doors.
Security doors – πόρτες ασφαλείας – undergo pre-determined inspections by European and American institutes that determine the resistance of the door to various attempts to break it within a certain period of time.
A security door therefore has accompanying certifications that state in detail its levels of durability.
2. Class grade
Security doors – πόρτες ασφαλείας – have a grade point average of 1 to 6, with 6 being the best grade. They are classified in their grade according to the durability and safety they provide.
Class certification, also known as burglary certification, is the most important certification a consumer should request. So before you buy a door, make sure you know the class to which it belongs.
3. Shield type
There are two types of shielding: single shielding and double shielding.
The single shield consists of a one-piece side on the outside and usually has one to three ribs on the inside of the door.
In the door with double shielding the exterior remains the same as that of the single shielding but internally it consists of three or more ribs, a one-piece metal sheet thermal insulation, sound insulation and depending on the type of door can offer extra benefits.
What features should a security door have?
Type and quality of steel sheet
In a security door – πόρτες ασφαλείας – the main part inside is a piece of solid steel sheet. The greater the thickness of the sheet, the greater the security offered by the door.
The lining of the door usually concerns only the aesthetic part while in some cases they protect the door from weather conditions. The most common investments are:
- MDF glaze lining.
- Laminate lining.
- Aluminum cladding.
- Lining with solid wood.
The latter is quite rare as it has a much higher cost than the previous ones.
The security door – πόρτες ασφαλείας – is supported by a metal case. Particular attention regarding the case must be given to its thickness, configuration and painting.
The best and most correct sheet thickness is 2 mm, smaller thicknesses do not offer the necessary strength.
During the shaping of the casket it must be made in such a way as to offer the maximum resistance to a possible attempt to violate it.
The painting of the metal case is more aesthetic, as it should be done with electrostatic painting in order to be resistant to time and weather conditions.
What points should you pay attention to before buying security doors – πόρτες ασφαλείας?
- Money: Always for your safety, you should choose a door that will meet your needs. It makes sense that the cost of an armored security door – πόρτες ασφαλείας – would be higher than that of a single door, but it certainly offsets the difference. By giving some money more today, you can sleep more peacefully every night.
- Installation: Door installation is just as important. There are many who believe that buying a door alone is enough. However, if the installation is not done correctly, no matter how safe the door is, it is easier to break. Trust a specialist so you can be sure.
- Warranty: The warranty of a door can range from 1 to 10 years. However, it is very important to clarify before buying it, what the guarantee includes and what problems that may arise with its mechanism it covers.
- Security lock: As important as the choice of door.
A security door – πόρτες ασφαλείας – no matter how good it can not provide maximum security without an equally good security lock.
What you need to know about security locks?
Security locks – κλειδαριές ασφαλείας – are categorized into old and new types of locks. The new type of locks are the most modern product in the area and offer maximum security as they are extremely more difficult to break.
They are classified according to the ANSI system (American National Standards Institute) in locks of grade 1 to 3 with Grade 1 as the best and safest choice.
Read more about πόρτες ασφαλείας:
- ΠΟΡΤΕΣ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΑΣ ΣΑΛΑΜΙΝΑ ΚΛΕΙΔΑΡΙΕΣ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΑΣ ΣΑΛΑΜΙΝΑ
- ΠΟΡΤΕΣ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΑΣ ΣΑΡΩΝΙΔΑ ΚΛΕΙΔΑΡΙΕΣ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΑΣ ΣΑΡΩΝΙΔΑ
- ΠΟΡΤΕΣ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΑΣ ΣΕΠΟΛΙΑ ΚΛΕΙΔΑΡΙΕΣ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΑΣ ΣΕΠΟΛΙΑ
- ΠΟΡΤΕΣ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΑΣ ΣΚΑΡΑΜΑΓΚΑΣ ΚΛΕΙΔΑΡΙΕΣ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΑΣ ΣΚΑΡΑΜΑΓΚΑΣ
- ΠΟΡΤΕΣ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΑΣ ΣΟΥΝΙΟ ΚΛΕΙΔΑΡΙΕΣ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΑΣ ΣΟΥΝΙΟ
- ΠΟΡΤΕΣ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΑΣ ΣΟΥΡΜΕΝΑ ΚΛΕΙΔΑΡΙΕΣ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΑΣ ΣΟΥΡΜΕΝΑ
- ΠΟΡΤΕΣ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΑΣ ΣΠΑΤΑ ΚΛΕΙΔΑΡΙΕΣ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΑΣ ΣΠΑΤΑ